January is over, can you believe it? What is your 2016 looking like so far? Are you on track to make it one of the best years of your life? Did you set some goals and objectives for the year? How are they coming along?
If you are like the majority, January 1 sees a lot of excitement and gusto about the coming year. We set “resolutions,” make goals and plan how our week is going to look so we can be most effective. However, by February 14 we have fallen into comfortable familiar lifestyle patterns. Those lifestyle patterns are what this e-mail is about.
What is the Challenge?
Executive Director Josh Waltzing on the Lifestyle Change Challenge
Not only for Empower Boxing Students
What is involved?
Dani and Josh have been eating a clean, whole food diet for over three years and have seen remarkable health benefits including the elimination of eczema, healthier nails and hair, better sleep, increased energy, and much more. We would like to share some of what we have learned as well as discuss nutrition information about all kinds of foods.
Kayla Flynn is a NASM certified personal trainer and will be providing five 60-minute personal training sessions for each member of the challenge. Kayla’s personal training at Empower Boxing Alexandria are focused on strength, conditioning, and overall fitness. Kayla uses medicine balls, kettlebells, Bosu balls, battle ropes, and a variety of body-weight exercises to increase your overall strength and physical fitness.
She will work with you directly to schedule times for your sessions and create personalized training plans for you to see your best results.
These Personal Training 5-session packages are a $165 value
Seminars and Workshops
Currently Confirmed Presenters
Dr. Kristi Hughes, ND of the Dynamic Healing Center in Alexandria.
- Dr. Hughes is a patient advocate, health care educator, and a naturopathic physician with almost two decades of experience in integrative patient care. As an International expert in Lifestyle, Integrative, and Functional Medicine, Dr Kristi Hughes also serves as an Associate Director of Medical Education for the Institute for Functional Medicine and the Director of Medical Education for Functional Medicine South Africa, is a co-creator of the FirstLIne Therapy Certification program. Her passion and commitment is to bringing effective and innovative clinical solutions to medical practices and patient care around the world.
- Dr. Hughes will be speaking on the Institute for Functional Medicine’s New Food Guide and how we can use it for a healthier lifestyle.
- To learn more about Dr. Hughes go to www.dynamichealingcenter.com
- Their Facebook Page is https://www.facebook.com/dynamichealingcenter/
- To learn more about the Institute for Functional Medicine go to www.FunctionalMedicine.org
- The Institute’s Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/functionalmedicinesource/
Dr. Hughes will be presenting on Thursday, February 18 at 6:30 pm at Harvest Alexandria at 1910 Aga Drive Suite #280.
She will provide all materials for the Food Plan in handout form for as part of the presentation.
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear an international speaker on health, lifestyle, medicine, and wellness.
Seminars with Dr. Hughes are often hundreds of dollars to attend.
Heather Zollman of Yoga Moma’Z Wellness Centre in Sauk Centre.
- Heather has been practicing yoga since 2001. She has been teaching yoga and pilates since 2003. She was certified as a personal trainer in 2013. She is a 200 hour certfified yoga instructor trained by Mary Beth Nehl at The Yoga Loft in Willmar. Heather, her husband Bryan, and their 3 children opened Yoga Mama’Z Wellness Centre in 2014 in Sauk Centre. The gift of yoga helps her find balance in this beautiful life.
- She will be teaching about flexibility and mobility for living everyday with more freedom of movement and ease.
- To read more about Heather go to her website. www.yogamamaz.com
- Yoga Mama’Z Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/yogamamazwellnesscentre
Heather will be conducting a Yoga for for health and wellness seminar at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, February 24 at Empower Boxing Alexandria.
Bring your own Yoga mat, water bottle, towel, and a bright open mind for a great seminar on flexibility and mobility through Yoga.
Heather’s won the 2015 Small Business Educator of the Year from the Sauk Centre Chamber of Commerce so you know she is good at what she does.
C.J. Erickson of Noonan Sport Specialists
- C.J. Erickson is a trainer at Noonan Sports Specialists in Alexandria, Minnesota. C.J.’s passion for
health and fitness drives him to learn and practice the most effective ways for NSS clients to achieve their desired goals as safely as possible.
- As a professional C.J. has the following certifications
- Certified Health and Fitness Specialists (ACSM)
- Level 2 Certified Kettlebell Instructor (SFG)
- Functional Movement Screen Certified Exercise Professional (FMS)
- Primal Move Fundamentals 1 (Primal Move)
- Recently, C.J. was invited by the Minnesota chapter of the National Strength and Conditioning Association to present on “Effective Kettlebell Training for All Settings.” See their Facebook page for more information.
- More information about C.J. can be found at Noonans Sport Specialists
- Their Facebook page is www.Facebook.com/Alexnss
C.J. will be speaking on Functional Movement for a life of less pain and more enjoyment on Thursday, March 3 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
Semi-private training from Noonan Sport Specialists is $32 for an hour training.
Kevin Schutz of Schutz Martial Arts Association in Alexandria.
- Kevin has been training in martial arts for 30 years and is currently one of less than 500 people in North America certified as a 7th Degree Grandmaster Instructor through “Kukkiwon, World Taekwondo Headquarters”, He is a “Kukkiwon, World Taekwondo Headquarters” Certified Level 1 Test Examiner, and has taught martial arts and personal safety in the Alexandria area for more than 17 years. He is the founder and president of Schutz Martial Arts Association, Hyun Moo Kwan, and Allied Self-Defense Systems. His knowledge of martial arts extends to Hapkido, Kumdo, and was a member of the United States Army All-Army Taekwondo Team.
- Kevin will be teaching on personal safety and protection against small weapons like knives and blunt force objects.
- To read more about Kevin go to his website: www.schutzmartialarts.com
- The Schutz Martial Arts Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/schutzmartialarts
Kevin will be presenting a seminar on personal safety against small personal weapons such as knifes and blunt force objects on Monday, March 7 at 7:00 pm inside Empower Boxing Alexandria.
Kevin’s Personal Safety and Self-Defense Seminars can cost between $40 and $50 per person per event.
Dr. Pfeffer will be presenting on Thursday, March 17 at Empower Boxing Alexandria on The Brain Gym system for using intentional movement for optimum learning in adults and children.
Watch for more specific details on Dr. Pfeffer’s seminar on Thursday, March 17.
Changing your lifestyle means changing your behaviors
In order to really change your life, you must change your thoughts and behaviors. In the words of Dr. Henry Cloud, “We change our behavior when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing.”
We want to make the pain of changing easier by giving you tools and resources to make the changes as simply as possible and to give you some personal accountability to succeed.
Unlimited Gold Package at Empower Boxing Alexandria is $65 per month.
What is your health worth to you?
How much do you want to change your life?
This could be a life altering 5 weeks for you, what would you be willing to pay to change your life forever?
Total Value of Challenge Package: $1,000+
Would you be willing to pay $500?
Don’t worry. You won’t have to pay that much either!
Are you Ready to Challenge yourself to Change your life.
Click the banner below to claim your spot in the Lifestyle Change Challenge
This is the best way to change your life! You will get all the seminars, resources, training, coaching, and nutrition information sent to your inbox for you to print out and use as you need. Read, watch, learn and grow. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Only want to see the presenters?
We understand that you may not be able to participate fully in the challenge but want offer you the ability to come see these world-class presenters. Each presenter will give you valuable resources and information to help you change your life. Even if you are not part of the Challenge you can still take part in the seminars.
Please keep in mind that you will NOT get any of the other benefits that the entire challenge will bring you. This is just the seminars and their related information.
Pick your seminar below.
A quick reminder, again, that you do not get any of the other additional benefits of the full challenge with only the seminar.
Dr. Kristi Hughes and Functional Medicine’s Food Plan
Heather Zollman and Yoga for Health and Wellness
CJ Erickson on Functional Movement
Kevin Schutz on Personal Protection for Peace of Mind